A wrongful death claim exists when a person dies due to the legal fault of another person. That person could be the driver at fault in a car accident or a bartender who served alcohol to a drunk driver, among others. A client came to us because his father, who was a trucker, was killed in a vehicle accident. After our investigation, it emerged that the vehicle had defective breaks. As a result, after a legal battle, Sullivan and Sullivan LLP won $750,000 on behalf of our client. The trucking company was held responsible for not making sure the vehicle was checked and working properly. If you want us to fight for you, contact us for a free case evaluation. We will provide a translator if you need one.
Coping with the loss of a loved one can be one of the most trying times of your life. When another party’s negligence or wrongdoing caused your family member’s death, the grieving process only intensifies. In these instances, you may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit and receive the closure and financial compensation to which you and your family are entitled.
While states across America have passed wrongful death statutes in order to compel manufacturing companies, hospitals, and doctors to act carefully in their professional responsibilities, wrongful deaths do occur in situations such as:
– Emergency Room Medical Malpractice – Wrongful death lawsuits can stem from hospital workers negligence in the emergency room, such as performing surgical errors, misdiagnosing a health condition, or prematurely discharging a patient.
– Anesthesia Malpractice – If an anesthesiologist fails in their professional responsibilities and administers a fatal, anesthetic dosage.
– Vehicle Accidents – Automobile companies may be held responsible for defective products in their automobile, while trucking companies may be held accountable for truck accidents if their employee breaks trucking regulations.
While no amount of financial payment can ever compensate for the loss of a loved one, being financially secure in your future and the comfort of responsible parties being brought to justice can provide a sense of closure and security to survivors.
The laws involved in wrongful death lawsuits are complicated and vary in each state. During your grieving period, consideration of a wrongful death lawsuit may not seem urgent – however, wrongful death cases must be filed within a specific period, or you risk losing your right to financial compensation.
The team at Sullivan and Sullivan LLP has seen too many families broken and jobs lost due to the suffering of a wrongful death, and we want to address that as your wrongful death lawyer in New York. While you and your loved ones are grieving from a wrongful death, we’ll fight for justice and win you compensation for medical bills and household bills.
Why Hire Wrongful Death Attorneys?
Wrongful death crimes are prosecuted very strictly. We highly recommend hiring the right wrongful death lawyers in NYC to assist in your criminal case. The wrongful deaths may be caused by:
– Auto Accidents – including reckless driving
– Defective Products and Improper Labeling
– Plane, Train, and Public Transportation Accidents
– Medical Malpractice or medication errors
– Workplace or occupational hazards or unsafe conditions